The secrets of a style icon
We love to get our inspiration from celebrity style icons. But what makes a real style icon? Nina Garcia wrote a book about it, and here are some of her tips. A style icon knows:
– How to edit. He or she only buy what they like and what is looking good on them.
–To invest in ‘ THE BONES’. the basics like the classic trench, the little black dress, the fitted jeans.. and builds from there
– To buy with drama. He or she are goining for that over the top, decadent item. If they are falling in love, they take it home
– The utmost importance of shoes. Lots of shoes
– The power of accessoiries. Done just the right way
– A good tailor
– How not to be the fashion victim. He or she never buy into the trends and they never carry the ‘it’ bag
– It is not about the money. The wear jewelry from the market the same way the would wear diamonds
– How to mix it up
– How to be imperfect. They understand that every day is not a photo shoot
And that is style!