The Key to a Fashion Statement
Fashion week season is coming up. Only 7 days left before we travel to NYC. So, you might understand this is a crazy period, regarding the preparations. Invitations for the shows, appointments, a visit to Charlotte our hair dresser and not to mention the the arrangement of the outfits. Next to the trends and the match we need to keep in mind the temperatures are low. We need to wear Spring 2013 collection, so the secret is all about layering.
But, how to layer clothes without looking puffy and bulky? It’s important to style it the right way. 7 tips to layer it right and to make that fashion statement:
– Start with the thinnest garment. This should be worn closest to your skin, which automatically means that the thickest garment should be towards the top of the layer. In our case this means thermal underwear. For the next layer use a lighter fabric like a cardigan and then wear a heavier jacket or a blazer for the the topmost layer.
– Stick to a maximum of four layers for the top half of your body.
– Wear longer garments towards the bottom.
-For the bottom half of your body layering is usually done with tights, skinny pants and a skirt. Follow the same principle as the top half, the fitted and thinner garments become the bottom layers. Be creative and wear a skinny pants underneath a skirt.
– Display the contrast. Play with different colours, prints, patterns and cuts to show off this contrast.
– Avoid layering garments with the same style.
– Work with scarves, belts and accessories. These pieces work as enhancers to your overall look.