Get ready for summer
A bright colored t-shirt, pastel shade shorts, a white dress and bright nail polish colours. These colours look better with a tanned skin, right? The summer glow makes us look good. I hardly wear make-up during summer. I’ll do mascara and a bright coloured lipstick, a perfect day look but to basic for a evening look. My evening make up is more glamorous. During the summer months I change the content of my toiletry bag. I switch my foundation to a bronzer, I remove dark colours and add eye shadow in pastel shades, bright lipsticks and nail polish to the bag. You have to change your beauty habits for summer. You want to create a look, which is light and fresh but glamorous. Last week I was invited to attend the MAC Masterclass Get ready for summer led by Director of Make Up artistry Baltasar Gonzales Pinel. Its always an honor to attend such a Masterclass, because it’s always very instructive and inspiring. I want to share my experiences with you. I’d like to tell you briefly how to get ready for summer.
1. First of all you need to protect your skin to avoid sun damage and the not-so-hot lobster look. It’s really important to use a moisturizer with a SPF before applying the foundation.
2. Apply a lightweight matte foundation in small strokes on the strategic areas of your face, like the forehead, cheekbones and eyelids.
3. Apply the bronzer to your face. Apply your bronzer with a brush that has long, loose, and fluffy bristles. Start with the top of the forehead first, working down to your nose, then to the cheeks. Use very light strokes. Build up the color, don’t forget to put a small amount on your chin, too. Make sure you choose the right shade of bronzer. The bronzer must be a few shades darker than your real skin colour.
4. Highlight the cheekbones and eyebrows to create that healthy glow. Try the premeditated cream colour base in red to accentuate your cheekbones.
5. The first step of the eye make up is the concealer. I would recommend cream color base in pearl.
6. Use an eye pencil instead of an eye shadow. The pencils are long-lasting, the colour will stay all day. You can choose for one colour, but it’s much more fun to create your own colour by mixing 2 different colours. For example blue and brown. Mix the colour with a brush in the palm of your hand. Apply the colour on the full eyelid and blend it slightly over the colour where it meets the brow-bone.
7. For a more glamorous look, apply mascara. It isn’t necessary to use mascara.
8. For the lips you can choose a lip-gloss with a slight tint or a lipstick in a bright colour.