Eat your hair healthy
Last week I told you about the amazing hair products of Alterna which I discovered. Visit a good hair dresser, the use of good shampoo, conditioner and hair care are factors that are really important for the health of your hair. Hair is just as important as the clothing and accessoires to determine and finish the ultimate look. If you want to look smashing, you have to pay attention to your hair. The use of the right products is not the only thing. Actually the condition and te health of the hair comes from within. A healty lifestyle, the amount of sleep, and the right foods are important. There a lot of foods which prevent the hair breakage, hair loss and ensure the hair will keep his brilliance. Especially in these cold winter days, your hair and body could use some extra care and nutrients. We wrote down some good foods.
– Fish, in particular salmon: Fish is a great source of protein and minerals and salmon in particularly, because it’s also high in omega-3s and vitamin D, two nutrients that have been linked to preventing hair loss in chemotherapy patients. Omega-3s are also key to keeping your scalp healthy and skin moisture-rich. Additionally, salmon is a great source of iron (iron-deficiency is a common cause of hair loss).
– Skinny meat: Like chicken. Hair is made of protein (called keratin).
– Pumpkin seeds: Great source of iron.
– Red meat: Great source of iron.
– Tofu: For the vegetarians and people who don’t like meat. Tofu is a great source of iron and protein.
– Oysters: Not just an aphrodisiac, but also a great source of iron.
– Beans: Rich in protein, iron and biotin. Which is important to counter brittle hair.
– Dark leafy greens: These vegetables and in particular kale, I don’t like to cook this vegetable because my kitchen is smelling like a farm but kale are high in vitamin A and C, which are key for sebum production (the oil that’s secreted by hair follicles and acts like a natural conditioner). Leafy greens also help your body store more iron.
– Eggs: Great source of protein, biotin and B-12. B vitamins are important to counter hair loss.
– Low-fat dairy: Foods like cottage cheese, yoghyrt, skinny milk because the have a great source of protein.
– Brazil nuts: Rich in selenium, a mineral that has been shown to be important for hair health.
Aside from the foods we eat, stress is a common contributer to hair loss so provide sufficient relaxation. Like a yoga class, dancing or what works for me, to go out for shopping.