Beat the summer heat
Don’t we all love sunshine? When the sun is shining and the weather is sweet it makes you want to dance around. We feel more alive, energetic, and happy when the sun is shining. Sunshine is important for our health, but too much UV can cause sunburn, skin damage and it can damage your hair with prolonged exposure. I will give you a few tips to protect you hair from the sun. UVA and UVB rays have the power to damage the hair from the ends to the inner structure of the hair. I become aware that protecting my hair from the sun is really important, since my hair is ice blond. Overexposure to the sun, environmental damage, not to mention intense humidity, can cause damage to your hair. I admit, I’m scared about the condition of my hair after a few days at the beach. Do you recognize this? Follow these simple steps below to embrace the summer heat.
1. Wear a hat! Actually, the best way to protect your hair from the sun’s rays is to block the exposure to the sun.
2. Moisturize your hair. Apply a deep conditioner before sun exposure. i would recommend the Kiehls Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Conditioner. This conditioner deeply moisturizes and restores a healthy look to your hair. My hair feels really smooth after using it. Like silk!
3. SPF your locks. Use a product with SPF to protect your hair from sun damage. I swear by the products from Alterna. The sun recovery spray is always in my bag, when I go to the beach. The sun kissed mist is also a must have! It gives an amazing glow. We all want to look hot and steamy on the beach right?
4. Leave the conditioner in. Apply a leave-in deep conditioner all over your hair before you go swimming. The conditioner will create a barrier so that the chlorine can’t damage your hair. I love the leave in conditioner from Christophe Robin, called Hydratant sandal. This conditioner isn’t greasy and sticky. My hair feels amazing soft, shiny and smells great. I’m a major fan of Christophe Robin. More about this brand will follow soon.
5. Use a good shampoo. After you swim, use a shampoo designed to remove chlorine and sea salt from your hair. I like the shampoo for advanced detox from Toni & Guy. It makes my hair soft but manageable. I hate fluffy hair. Bring it on sunshine!